Who likes theme posts? Do you like theme posts? Well lucky for you, you’re in the middle of a string of them. This one is simply incredible! Perfect fucking sound, great stories, and very interesting setlist. In fact, this is the first of 3 weekly shows hood is currently performing at The Caledonia Lounge in Athens, GA. This one he billed as “Onward Out The Window (new and used songs stripped down to piano and guitar)”, and that’s exactly what you get. Stripped down familiar songs, and a few new ones. This is really a can’t miss for Patterson fans and Drive-By Truckers fans. Some amazing renditions on here, perfectly augmented by simply an acoustic guitar and piano/organ while Patterson embellishes each song with stories and anecdotes he has become famous for. A really intimate show.
Posts Tagged ‘Drive By Truckers’
By request here, a Jason Isbell show from this past august. This is all acoustic, and it’s damn good. Sound is a B+ because there is some low level chatter throughout, but really nothing to make this unlistenable. Performance is a solid A+. A Very good evening of acoustic music from Mr. Isbell and his 400 Unit. Includes extended cuts of Danko/Manuel, Goddamn Lonely Love (an amazingly soulful version I might add…a must hear), Decoration Day and Thank God For The TVA (which was recently released on the killer DBT odd’s & ends album The Fine Print). Now that was all said to lure you DBT fans in who might be on the fence about Isbell’s solo career. I will say this, his latest self titled album is one of the finest albums I’ve heard this year. It’s definitely a slow grower…..but it sticks with you and reveals an album that will be listened to for many years to come.
McMurtry winner, Ray Wylie Hubbard movie, Wrinkle Neck Mules, new Scott Miller track, Carolyn Mark & NQ Arbuckle, etc
- jridgeway was the winner of the McMurtry CD/DVD. Thanks all for commenting and entering. Some great lyrics posted, some I have overlooked and will now be listening to more closely
- Ray Wylie Hubbard’s Last Rites of Ransom Pride has found a distributor and is getting close to having a release date. Unfortunately they are tweaking the soundtrack, does this mean no killer Ray Wylie soundtrack? God I hope not!
- Wrinkle Neck Mules latest album Let The Lead Fly was pushed back to to October 20th release date. That’s next Tuesday. It says in that story that it’s a great album for fall driving through the mountains…..true statement, as I have come to the same conclusion.
- Scott Miller has a new track that will be available for download on his site and help fund his upcoming album. I don’t have the specifics cause dammit I lost the email. In the meantime, enjoy some of the killer vids he has made on his site.
- Just wanted to give a heads up for the Carolyn Mark and NQ Arbuckle album Let’s Just Stay Here which comes out tomorrow. Carolyn is half of canadian supergroup The Corn Sisters (with Neko Case), and as you know, NQ Arbuckle made one of my favorite albums of 2008. The album also features an unexpected cameo from fellow canadian Corb Lund.
- In Drive By Trucker news, according to Patterson they have recorded material for 2 upcoming releases. Can’t wait
By Request, the out of print, ass-kickin’, early DBT live album “Alabama Ass Whoopin’”. This is worth having only for the intro to 18 Wheels of Love. The other stuff is good too, but that intro is legendary…..epic….one for the ages.
I got a request earlier for this, so here it is. Hope you guys enjoy.
WOW!, found this while I was poking around youtube. Its a full concert of DBT from May 14th, 2004. It’s really good too, excellent video AND audio. Here’s the info from videogoogle:
Drive-By Truckers: Texas Bootleg
JumperProductions.com “Texas Bootleg”
JumperProductions.com was on-hand to record Drive-By
Truckers as they capped-off a … all » two-night stand at The Parish in Austin,
TX on November 13, 2004. In a word, the show was “awesome.”
The Buford Stick, Ronnie And Neil, Do It Yourself, Never Gonna Change, Lookout
Mountain, Puttin’ People On The Moon, Where The Devil Don’t Stay, Nine Bullets,
Let There Be Rock, & Play It All Night Long.
Here’s your chance to
experience the show. Enjoy, play it loud.