From The Archives: Todd Snider – Tales From Moondawg’s Tavern

Might as well call it Todd Snider week here at ATS, but well…the links on this thing needed to be updated and there may be a few of you out there who don’t have this yet. I will reiterate…..THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOTLEG OF ALL TIME!

Originally posted here on July 15th, 2007, then again on Jan. 18th, 2008, and again on June 9th, 2009. Looks like it has become a yearly tradition to repost this thing! More info on this at eighteenminutes.com, and I just really want to thank Rick Willis for putting this thing together for us all to enjoy!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Now this is a fan-fucking-tastic bootleg. Probably the best Todd boot I have come across, if not the best of any artist. First I need to give proper credit to the guy who collected, compiled, sweated over, and mastered this (that’s right, he actually did some mastering to get all the tracks sounding perfect)…….Rich Willis…..everybody thank Rich (THANKS RICH!). There is a good write up from him in the accompanying text file where he tells his story about this excellent compilation. If you’re not a Todd Snider fan, DOWNLOAD THIS! If you are a Todd fan…..DO NOT HESITATE! DOWNLOAD THIS! If you like good music, specifically story songs and in the vein of John Prine, Kris Kristofferson, Loudon Wainwright III, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, etc…(that’s some heavy hitting company right there)…DOWLOAD THIS! If you just like good stories told by a master DOWNLOAD THIS! Hell, if you just like good bootlegs download this…..it will not be regretted
MP3 @ 192
or
or
  • Bruce

June 25th, 2010

Somewhat new to the blog, so I haven’t hear this one yet. Thanks to both the poster and the compiler. Cheers!

• captskitchen

June 25th, 2010

Love this todd snider comp. Planning on setting in the pool this weekend and listening to the whole thing. Cold beer , good food and Todd’s stories !!!!!

• Derek

June 25th, 2010

You have just found the Holy Grail. Enjoy Yourself, its later than you think….

• Dave

June 25th, 2010

I love this boot…I found it here quite awhile back & I had never heard of Todd Snider before this…needless to say it made me a fan. A HUGE fan. I really hope to see him live one day! Seriously, thanks for all the amazing music you’ve turned me (and countless others) onto. Keep up the awesome work on this blog. I’m kind of scared…usually when I find a blog I love it ends up disappearing soon after! Keep it up man, you are doing these musicians a great service!

-Dave

• Aimz

June 26th, 2010

Sweet Merciful Crap! I can’t imagine how long it took Mr. Willis to compile all of these. WOW!

• BigDogDave

March 24th, 2011

Many years ago, I met Todd after a show showcasing his first album. What a great guy! So genuine and appreciative. I’ve been a fan ever since. Rock on, Todd!

• pnk

March 25th, 2011

I have been listening to this for the past several days, driving around. I have seriously taken detours AWAY from my destination now on two occasions so as to be able to hear the end of one of these tracks. I’m becoming more and more of a fan with every new story and song I get to… thanks so much for sharing this. Todd Snider is one righteous cat.

• Luna Lemon

October 25th, 2012

What the fuck does deprecate mean in downloading context?